Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Frequency Tone Generator

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Post

    I was just giving you grief. I know the board has been shakey at best of late. forums

    Ron

  2. #12
    Inactive Member acre's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2003
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the understanding guys. Interesting to see that other members have had similar experiences. All along I thought it was pilot error.

    BFish, I do remember that program and it does give me a good enough picture of frequency response. I lost it a few years ago when my hard drive failed. It was one of the programs that went for the chop. Thanks for posting its link.

    All's well on the design front. My units are finished and sound great. I designed them with an F3 around 60 Hz. My Paradigm Servo 15 sub takes up the slack from there. I also bought a brand new Denon amp to drive them with. Only regret is I had to replace my 416-8A's due to loose spiders and a rub in one voice coil. GPA did an amazing job with the 806-8A's. So glad I sent them down to Bill and his team. Perhaps I can send him the LF units as well. Currently, I'm using the Eminence Kappa Pro15-LF-2. They sound fine but lack the warmth of the Altec LF units. That's all for now. Thanks again guys....Lee

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ April 23, 2008 10:01 AM: Message edited by: acre ]</font>

  3. #13
    Inactive Member acre's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2003
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi again guys!

    The Visual Analyser 8.1 program is very nice. Just wish there was a better help file written for novices. Thanks.....Lee

  4. #14
    Inactive Member acre's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2003
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well put Bfish. A question if I may. When I first bring the program up and turn it on there is a wave pattern resembling noise that is in the lower spectrum window. Should it be there or is there a way to null it out. Also, when I do the sweep, I hit the WAVE ON button then stop it around 20,000 Hz. I then hit the CAPTURE SPECTRUM button. Is this the sweep picked up by the mic in front of my speaker? Any basic instructions you can give me would be very appreciated. Thanks....Lee

  5. #15
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Harry, Help!

    Sorry Lee, I've never used that one.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Whadda ya want for nothing? ... a rubber biscuit?

    Bow bow bow... forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.